When utilizing eLipa products and services, we have security built in as it rides on the payment systems to fully authenticate user transactions originating from your website. As a valued eLipa client, entering into business with us means that you have consented to the use of your personal data and required information to facilitate user transactions
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
When you send us an enquiry email or telephone call regarding the eLipa payment processing gateway, or any other eLipa service, we may ask you for the following personal information ONLY (such as your name, email address, telephone number). For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information. eLipa does NOT process your payments directly nor do we store your credit card information at all.
eLipa will NOT ask you to share or divulge information, for example your banking details, over the telephone.
In our promise to make payments easy, any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Effectively and efficiently provide customer support and services
- Allow for processing transactions and send your transactions notices
- Enable targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers
- In addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, product, or service information, etc., the email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates related to your order.
Information collected from you shall be retained as long as may be necessary to facilitate the transactions, subject to which such information will be deleted, erased, anonymized or pseudonymized.
When you send email or other communications to eLipa, we may retain those communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
eLipa may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our services, content, and advertising.
THIRD PARTY PROCESSING PARTNERS
eLipa would only share personal information with agencies outside of eLipa in the following limited circumstances:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of eLipa, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. As a company policy, we do NOT store ANY card detail, security PINs or sensitive pieces of information regarding your payments on our servers.
We also restrict access to personal information to eLipa employees, who need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations
Where information in our custody has been accessed and/or acquired by unauthorized person, and there is a real risk of harm to our client, we endeavor to remedy the breach as follows:
- Communicate to the data subject of the breach stating the nature of the breach
- Put in preventive measures to restrict further access of information by unauthorized persons
- Mitigate adverse effects of the security compromise.
- Identify the unauthorized persons who may have accessed the information.
Please visit our website for more information.
eLipa or any of its representatives, shall NOT ask you to divulge, your debit card/mobile money PIN, CVV numbers, card expiry information or any such data at any time or through ANY media. Please report any such fraudulent attempts to us on the contact address given below
Email: [email protected]
Postal Address: P.O. Box 1520 KAMPALA